Sunday, June 17, 2018

How to make a very cheap lens cover for wildlife photography



I love to film and photograph wildlife. As a matter of fact there are very few things that I would rather do with my time. However, one of the issues I have ran into is the fact that EVERYTHING that has to do with photography is overly expensive.

And so, I do everything that I can to cut costs here and there when possible. Well, I discovered right off that the best wildlife video comes from the use of long length Canon "L" lenses, but I also found that most wildlife has an inborn detesting of the white lenses that are their trademarks.

This concept isn't new, and it is for this reason that certain companies offer lens covers that cost over $100 each. This is basically highway robbery because the substance of these covers is no different than that of an $.85 can coolie. It is for this reason that I came up with this $2 hack to make a very cheap, re-usable lens cover for your long length Canon "L" lenses.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment